Load shedding is wreaking havoc, not only for South African businesses in general but also for our home security systems. The good news is that you can gain some control of how it affects you. We are urging all our clients to test their security systems as a matter of urgency and to pay particular attention to the battery back-up systems.
We have compiled a few must-do’s for you…
- Have your alarm systems checked/maintained regularly by a reputable service provider.
- Adopt extra personal security measures when load-shedding occurs during your return to home time to ensure the safety of your family by paying attention to your surroundings and noting any suspicious persons or situations.
- Alarm systems should be checked during extended power outages to ensure it’s running.
- Power cuts can impact on fire systems and dire control systems.
- More frequent use of gas and candles can increase the risk of fire and home fire-extinguishers should be on hand.
- Remain vigilant during a power cut & be on the look-out for any suspicious activity.
We provide technical security system design, CCTV and Gate Automation services to our local Grassy Park neighbours as well as our extended client database in Cape Town and surrounds. Please contact us immediately if you need us to check your alarm or security systems.